Subject Topic: Sunday Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by John C on 06 March 2003 at 10:49pm - IP Logged
View John C's Profile Profile   Search   Quote John C Quote   Send Msg  
John C
Standard Member
United Kingdom
01 November 2002
33 Posts

Isobar city in a SW direction on the forecast for Sunday.

Anyone interested in heading west to Alonby?

-------------
Follow me I'll show you where to fall off.

Message posted by Peter Amos on 07 March 2003 at 7:35am - IP Logged
View Peter Amos's Profile Profile   Search   Quote Peter Amos Quote   Send Msg  
Peter Amos
Platinum Member
United Kingdom
28 May 2002
96 Posts

John

You should have the Sailing Calender by e-mail and would all note that it is the opening day of the sailing season for the Club traditionally to meet at QEII. No sailling fee is payable by paid up Club members as the Club has paid a day fee to cover all. So a good chance to get some of your £15 back. (and if you've lost your application form spares will be on hand and the Treasurer will happily take your money)

For all those who have an aversion to sailing at QEII please try and show up if only to say hello to everyone before moving on.

We have sheduled an introduction to rigging clinic for 11.00 am so all are welcome. If the weather stays fine it should be a good start for what we hope and plan to be an adventurous season.

-------------
Peter

Message posted by RayRobson on 07 March 2003 at 5:31pm - IP Logged
View RayRobson's Profile Profile   Search   Quote RayRobson Quote   Send Msg  
RayRobson
Platinum Member

27 May 2002
83 Posts
Sunday sounds as though it could be a big one so I'm sure there will be a breakaway group wanting to go to sea. SW is OK for Hadston which would make it easy to pop in to QEII then go on to the beach. Any other suggestions?

-------------
Ray Robson

Message posted by Gavin Duthie on 07 March 2003 at 6:13pm - IP Logged
View Gavin Duthie's Profile Profile   Search   www   Quote Gavin Duthie Quote   Send Msg  
Gavin Duthie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Antarctica
28 May 2002
212 Posts

Put me down for a sesh with the big boys on Sunday, we might even be able to jump high enough at Hadston to wave hello to the folks at QEII, ......second thoughts though, that last flipant remark will probably kill it, so please just ignore.  

-------------
               .......   www.gavinduthie.com

Message posted by Paul Barnes on 07 March 2003 at 10:11pm - IP Logged
View Paul Barnes's Profile Profile   Search   Quote Paul Barnes Quote   Send Msg  
Paul Barnes
Platinum Member
United Kingdom
24 June 2002
108 Posts
I'll see you at the beach.  I'm going to trashy pond early and then intend to adjourn to the big boys pond at lunchtime

-------------
paul

Message posted by John C on 08 March 2003 at 7:03pm - IP Logged
View John C's Profile Profile   Search   Quote John C Quote   Send Msg  
John C
Standard Member
United Kingdom
01 November 2002
33 Posts
Mission to NE aborted, Rhosnieger is going off so I'm heading there, fetch my brown wetsuit and wish me luck.

-------------
Follow me I'll show you where to fall off.

Message posted by Andy Freeman on 08 March 2003 at 7:40pm - IP Logged
View Andy Freeman's Profile Profile   Search   Quote Andy Freeman Quote   Send Msg  
Andy Freeman
Platinum Member
United Kingdom
04 September 2002
141 Posts

Been there once John and just looking at it scared the sh*te out of me, didnt even go out.

Good luck i will think of you as we suffer ashy pond!!!!!!

-------------
****** Andy Freeman ******

Message posted by Tony Champion on 08 March 2003 at 10:30pm - IP Logged
View Tony Champion's Profile Profile   Search   Quote Tony Champion Quote   Send Msg  
Tony Champion
Platinum Member

30 May 2002
67 Posts

After my humiliation on Thursday and its inevitable exposure in the media I was sufficiently stung to try and redress the balance, so betook me to Surfstore this pm and there consulted the oracle on what was to be done regarding a shortage of horsepower in light winds. The advice was simple namely that a 7.4m Monty Spindler would do the job in anything but 9m weather and then I would be better off in the pub. The advice seemed good and when I saw the additional graphics on the sail: Special edition – “Rossstuffer” the temptation was overwhelming. I might even take it out of the bag and use it tomorrow but really it is too pretty to get mud, sand and seaweed on it. I might just spread it out on the sitting room carpet with the matching 42cm fin shaped like Saladin’s scimitar and sit and gloat about them both. See you all at QE2 or wherever tomorrow.

-------------
Tony

Message posted by Paul Barnes on 09 March 2003 at 7:10am - IP Logged
View Paul Barnes's Profile Profile   Search   Quote Paul Barnes Quote   Send Msg  
Paul Barnes
Platinum Member
United Kingdom
24 June 2002
108 Posts
I have a feeling you might not be using a 7.4 todat Tony. Dust off your 4.7 more like. looks like it could be a good one!

-------------
paul

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This forum has been locked by the forum administrator.