Welcome Guest  Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Sailing Plans ( Forum Locked)

Subject Topic: Sunday - Low Newton Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by Peter Amos on 14 March 2003 at 7:48am - IP Logged
View Peter Amos's Profile Profile   Search   Quote Peter Amos Quote   Send Msg  
Peter Amos
Platinum Member
United Kingdom
28 May 2002
96 Posts

Please note that Sunday's Club Sailing venue is Low Newton. For any that have not been there before directions can be found by going to Locations and clicking on the picture.

Parking is restricted to the car park at the top of the hill and there is a charge, however you can drive right down to the Square and drop kit off onto grassed area which is very good for rigging before returning to the car park and changing into wetsuit.

The sailing area has protection from waves by rocks that also provide some security with a gently sloping sandy beach.

It is a lovely beach with wonderful views to Dunstanburgh and would provide an excellent venue for non windsurfers who can enjoy a walk along the beach for miles and then adjourn to the Pub in the Square with the Sunday papers and a beer.

Hope you can make it particularly those without a lot of previous sea experience.

PS Unfortunately for personal reasons I cannot be with you on Sunday

-------------
Peter

Message posted by Martin H on 14 March 2003 at 3:52pm - IP Logged
View Martin H's Profile Profile   Search   Quote Martin H Quote   Send Msg  
Martin H
Platinum Member
United Kingdom
10 September 2002
2 Posts

Peter

I hope to make it on Sunday, I had flu last weekend so didn't get to QEII but by the reports it was beyond my megre skills anyway. I haven't sailed at Low Newton but am keen to give it a go and pick up a few pointers from the 'clinic'.

-------------
Martin Haigh

Message posted by StephenShaw on 16 March 2003 at 7:42am - IP Logged
View StephenShaw's Profile Profile   Search   Quote StephenShaw Quote   Send Msg  
StephenShaw
Platinum Member
United Kingdom
24 June 2002
26 Posts
Is anyone still going it seems a bit light?

Message posted by Paul Barnes on 16 March 2003 at 9:10am - IP Logged
View Paul Barnes's Profile Profile   Search   Quote Paul Barnes Quote   Send Msg  
Paul Barnes
Platinum Member
United Kingdom
24 June 2002
108 Posts
Its a bit too light for me. Anyone coming surfing?

-------------
paul

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This forum has been locked by the forum administrator.