home | forum | events | news | gallery | weather | locations

Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Sales and Wanted
 Northumbrian Windsurfing Club : Sales and Wanted
Subject Topic: Wanted 27 - 28 cm freeride fin Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Tony Champion
Full Time Beach Bum

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 18 March 2005 at 8:55pm | IP Logged Quote Tony Champion

Today after a lot of fluttering on the fin and one comprehensive drilling (blown straight out of the water) I accepted Adrian's kind offer of the loan of a 28cm fin. This turned my JP 106 from a bouncing rearing monster into a smooth race machine. Anyone got a nice 28cm or slightly less fin to spare?
Back to Top View Tony Champion's Profile Search for other posts by Tony Champion

Gavin Duthie
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: 18 March 2005 at 9:51pm | IP Logged Quote Gavin Duthie

Tony - I hate to say I told you so, but ....

On seeing that upright freeride blasting fin you had in on Wednesday, I did wonder. Far be it from me to extoll the virtues of finning a board correctly for sail size, conditions etc. but I discovered to my joy when my F2 came with 2 fins a couple of years ago what a difference the right size /shape it can make.

The other thing I meant to say to you was about the waterstaring thing. I've started doing something again I used to do a while back and for some reason stopped doing it, and that is, instead of pi**ing around trying to flip the rig on the water when it's in the wrong position, either just launch on the tack it's in and jibe quickly, or better still fly the rig on the tack it's in, and then flip it whilst in the air. It's better than the stupid rig sink/board flip thing that usualy happens.

Tony Champion
Full Time Beach Bum

Posted: 19 March 2005 at 3:03pm | IP Logged Quote Tony Champion

Gavin, on the fin size thing, the slalom blade was on my Hyfly and suits it pretty well except with 4.5m or less. The fin I was using yesterday was the standard JP fin which came with the board so you would think it would be OK with 5.7m - obviously not so.
On the waterstarting thing - I too tend to continue in the direction that the sail is pointing, but when I've blown three gybes in a row as is usual and consequently am losing sight of land I have to resort to plan B and I'm not good at gybing the sail in the air!
Back to Top View Tony Champion's Profile Search for other posts by Tony Champion

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version