home | forum | events | news | gallery | weather | locations

Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
General
 Northumbrian Windsurfing Club : General
Subject Topic: Letter of complaint. Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Brian Day
Grommet

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 29 December 2007 at 10:00am | IP Logged Quote Brian Day

I am considering sending the following letter of complaint, what do you think?

Dear Mr Ezzy,
I bought a set of your wave sails in 1992, the year after you started manufacture of them. I'm afraid I will have to register a complaint regarding one of the sails in the quiver, namely the 5.2m. During the past year I have had on panel replaced and it seems that on every occasion that I rig the sail the fabric appears to develop a tear. I have run out of the sail repair tape that you supply with your sails and have recently resorted to some old spinnaker repair tape that I have found. Unfortunately this has spoiled the visual aspect of the sail and it now resembles an early 'Combat Wave' sail.
I treat mu equipment with respect and care. In the early days the sail was used quite regularly at home and abroad and although it  managed to escape the rocks at Ho'okipa it did have a few close encounters with the reef at Glass beach, on no occasion did it decide to self destruct in such a way that it is doing at the moment.
I hope you will realise that beyond doubt this is a manufacturing defect, not want your sail to be mistaken for a Combat Wave, and take the obviously appropriate action of replacing the sail free of charge by return of post.
Yours, etc.

If on the odd chance this doesn't work.....and......running very short of said spinnaker repair tape,,,,,,,I've spotted a North voodoo 5.3 2006 for £125 (about £125 more than I need to spend). Remembering I've only got a standard mast (460 and a 430) will it fit with the rest of my 1992 Ezzys or have people got any other suggestions?.........Without being too rude,,,,,,,I don't mind a joke,,,,I know, I am one! But please no cutting comments that will lower my self esteem or even cause embarrassment.

stevecarragher
Full Time Beach Bum

Posted: 29 December 2007 at 10:50am | IP Logged Quote stevecarragher

Brian. I empathise with your predicament.
I would send the letter.
15 years out of an Ezzy? Not good enough.
I think you may need to sound a bit more aggressive with your complaint though.
Back to Top View stevecarragher's Profile Search for other posts by stevecarragher

Ross
Admin Group

Posted: 29 December 2007 at 11:33am | IP Logged Quote Ross

Brian, I love the letter - send it!

On the North Voodoo, it seems to have got rave reviews, so it's a good sail and that's a good price as long as there is no UV damage - that's the biggest question to ask to the seller, by far - although I'm sure you know that already.

The 2006 Voodoo was designed on North's "one mast fits all" concept, the mast in question being a 400cm standard or RDM (skinny). The smaller sails in the range will alternatively set on a 370 and only the largest (the 5.7m) it suggests will fit a 430 as an alternative to the 400.

I would suggest that the 5.3 would rig on a 430 as it has an adjustable head but this would really be too stiff a mast for it to perform properly. It will tend (I would imagine) to make it well powered but not allow its head to twist or flex properly in gusts so it may make it a bit of a handful. Just my opinion, so don't take it all as gospel, although the facts and figures are kosher.   

Back to Top View Ross's Profile Search for other posts by Ross

Andy Freeman
Full Time Beach Bum

Posted: 29 December 2007 at 12:47pm | IP Logged Quote Andy Freeman

Send it.. He might see the funny side

steve boyd
Full Time Beach Bum

Posted: 29 December 2007 at 1:53pm | IP Logged Quote steve boyd

nice letter brian, i have a 5.3m voodoo it rigs on a 430 or 400, should be very similar to the ezzy from what i remember from when i had a one. give me a bell, was thinking of selling my 5.3m voodoo if your interested. it works fine on a 430 and if your used to a 460 on your ezzy, it will feel softer, but light wind performance is good for my weight, so for you it will be excellent. should fit in the quiver well.
Back to Top View steve boyd's Profile Search for other posts by steve boyd

stevecarragher
Full Time Beach Bum

Posted: 29 December 2007 at 5:03pm | IP Logged Quote stevecarragher

Ha, I reckon they will take it in the manner it was meant.
Back to Top View stevecarragher's Profile Search for other posts by stevecarragher

David Hudson
Full Time Beach Bum

Posted: 29 December 2007 at 5:23pm | IP Logged Quote David Hudson

Surely the website moderators should note these comments as those of the individual. To associate with contentious comment does not reflect well on the website or club.

Brian, why are you still a Grommet?

Brian Day
Grommet

Posted: 29 December 2007 at 6:05pm | IP Logged Quote Brian Day

I think a little editing went on to get the above two posts the wrong way round.
David, I don't know you, sorry, and it would seem you don't know me.
However, if anyone does read the above letter of complaint and take it as anything less than a compliment to Dave Ezzys sails, then I am truly sorry, (for the individual, and to any offense taken by the post).
If the moderators wish to move this posting to the top alongside the letter, I don't mind at all.
The fact that those sails still work well, despite being treated pretty poorly, in some very bad conditions, from freezing cold to very hot and high UV, overpowered, underpowered, rumbled around beach breaks, point breaks and reef breaks is indeed a high recommendation for them, (oh I did sail them properly occasionally,,,,,,,I think).
If I could afford to buy a new Ezzy I would without hesitation.
Mr Boyde, always quick to spot a sales opportunity. I will ring you next week to discuss the sale,,,,errrr sail errr????? But will it last me another 15 years?

Ross
Admin Group

Posted: 29 December 2007 at 7:26pm | IP Logged Quote Ross

David Hudson wrote:

Surely the website moderators should note these comments as those of the individual. To associate with contentious comment does not reflect well on the website or club.

Dave, I presume you're saying this tongue in cheek? I can't imagine how anyone could take Brian's excellent letter in anything other than in the spirit intended. I rather suspect that Mr Ezzy might see the funny side of it too.

If we took your suggestion to its full extent, we would have to make a disclaimer on most threads on this forum since much of it is light hearted banter - not really practical or needed.

Unless you're trying to tell us you'd like to volunteer for the job of forum moderator . . . .

Anyway, back to reality and talking of contentious, when are we going to see you on the water??   

David Hudson
Full Time Beach Bum

Posted: 30 December 2007 at 1:28pm | IP Logged Quote David Hudson

I always seem to get my tongue somewhere!!

Happy new year to Brian, Ross et al !

Ross
Admin Group

Posted: 31 December 2007 at 9:00am | IP Logged Quote Ross

And to you Dave, all the best!

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version